After this minor, the student must be able to
- Maintain a scientific and technological watch on new materials
- Interpret the results of experiments.
- Define the concept of microstructure for different classes of materials,
- Implement various NDT techniques,
- Describe the influence of environmental parameters (temperature, humidity) on the evolution over time of the structure of materials: conditions for producing and service.
This course will address the solidification of alloys, glass transition, the transformation in the solid state (diffusion and Fick's laws) concept of microstructure.