In the end of this 20 (5*4h) hours training session, students will be able to apply their knowledge in programming and in numerical analysis to numerically solve a simple physical problem.
- Translate a simple engineering problem to a numerical problem
- Build a resolution algorithm
- Solve this problem numerically by using a programming language
- Analyze the obtained results and be able of validating them
- Transcribe their work in form of relevant and structured report
This project is the illustration of the notions presented in the PDE numerical solving courses of common-core syllabus of 2nd year (UE2).
PDE numerical solving and programming language courses
- Finite differences
- Boundary conditions
- Initial conditions
- Iterative and direct methods.
First session: translation of the physical problem in a numerical problem - realization of the resolution algorithm
Sessions 2 and 3: programming of the algorithm
Session 4 and 5: program debugging / validation / report writing