unit operation, diffusional separation, gas-liquid absorption, column sizing, packing, tray
At the end of the training, students will be able to:
- choose a suitable physico-chemical treatment to clean a polluted matrix (gaseous, liquid or solid);
- pre-size a separation equipment in the field of gas-liquid absorption.
- Be able to identify separation operations in industrial processes;
- Be able to state the main applications of separation processes in industrial environment (air pollution control, water and waste treatments);
- Be able to choose a suitable physico-chemical separation operation depending on the mixture;
- Be able to pre-size a gas-liquid absorption column with packing or trays.
Slides and note-taking
Thermodynamics, Process Engineering, General Chemistry